Navy League of the United States Thailand Southern Seaboard Council Phuket Navy League
About the Navy League of the United States
The Navy League is a civilian organization dedicated to informing the American people, and others, that the United States of America is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well-being are dependent upon strong sea services -- U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, and U.S.-flag Merchant Marine.
The Phuket Navy League was founded in September 2009 and presently:
- Sponsors a FREE Independence Day American picnic around the Fourth of July with American food, FREE popcorn, hamburgers, hot dogs, American beer, music, fireworks and lots of fun FREE games & Free prizes for children. For people in Phuket this is a DON'T MISS event.
- Hosts U.S. Navy ships and crew that make port of call visits to Phuket. As of August 2017 the Phuket Navy League has hosted 73 ships.
- Organizes local Community Service (COMSERVE) projects in support of local schools, orphanages, non-government organizations and hospitals.
- Work with the local Royal Thai Police, the Royal Thai Navy, several local all-foreign-volunteer police groups, all supporting the safety and well-being of our servicemen while in Phuket.
- Our Thailand Southern Seaboard Council is fully registered with The Navy League of the United States (NLUS) which was founded in 1902 and is comprised of over 46,000 civilians in more than 250 councils around the world.
- Membership is open to all adults of all nations whether or not they have served in the military. We welcome organizations that may benefit from having their business promoted during ship visits.
COMSERV (Community Service Projects with ship's crews)
Tours of Visiting Ships & Ship Welcome Party
This page had 231 visits in last 3 months