Patong Municipality, Patong Beach Governmental Offices
Duties of Patong Municipality
- Construct, repair, take care of streets and rivers
- Provide potable water and water for agriculture
- Clean the streets and collect garbage
- Protect and take care of natural resources and environment
- Provide electricity
- Help people from flood or dry weather
- Support education, religions, culture, women, children, elderly, disabled people development
- Commercial management for example, markets
- Support sports, parks, help to prevent transmitted diseases
Population Registration Department
Population registration law is concerned about peoples lives since they were born until they are dead, it is the document of law that effects the rights and benefit of people. It can be a reference for peoples benefit and their children in many cases, for example I.D. Card, registration, applying to school, how to do passport, wedding registration, election right, etc.
This is necessary for people to understand and have this knowledge in population registration law in order to behave in a right action according to the law.
Registration Of A Birth
When there is and infant who was just born, people have to inform the birth within 15 days from the birthday and have to inform to the local registrar with the evidences as follows:
- I.D. Card of informer
- House registration
- I.D. Card of father and mother of an infant(In case the informers are not father and mother)
- Birth certification (In case the infant was born in hospital)
Reporting A Death
When there is a dead, it is a must to inform within 24 Hrs. from the dead time with evidences as follow:
- I.D. Card of a person who is dead
- House registration of a person who is dead
- Dead certification (In case is dead in hospital)
If people inform birth later than 15 days, or death later than 24 hours
- Give the form to the registrar at the municipality
- Birth or dead certification
- Inspect and investigate the informer, for the birth inform, investigate father and mother (For the dead inform investigate the house owner)
- Show the document or evidence or witness.
Reporting Address Change
When there is the movement of the address whether move in or move out, the house owner have to inform to the local registrar within 15 days from the date that move in or move out.
If the house owner cannot inform by him or herself, she or he must give the authority book to the informer with evidences as follows:
- I.D. Card of house owner
- House registration
- Authority book (In case the house owner cannot come)
- Address changing form (in case moving in)
When the informer does not inform the address changing at the original place, she or he has to inform by him or herself to a new placed registrar within 15 days by bringing the I.D. Card or the informer and the house registration (to move in) and pay for 5 baht.
Update the House Registration Inform
If the house owner finds something wrong in his or her house registration, such as, day month year that was born or wrong name he or she has to bring the evidence that is correct including a copy of house registration to the registrar at he municipality.
Ask for Address Number Inform
When there is a new house construction people have to ask for the permission to build a house from the municipality and he or she has to build as similar as the plan. When finish building, he or she has to inform to the local registrar in order to ask for address number within 15 days.
House Re-construction Inform
When the house owner would like to re-construction his or her house He or she can do and after finishing, he or she has to inform to the registrar within 15 days.
- Thai citizens
- Age 15 years old and not more than 70 years old
- Asking to have the I.D. Card depend: the house registration
What is building tax?
Real estate and building tax is when the local governmental office collects the tax from people who have the area or building for business to earn some revenue for example house, building, shops, offices, companies, banks, hotels, theaters, hospitals, schools, apartments, dormitories, stores etc.
How to obtain an I.D. Card
People who live within Patong municipality area must submit a I.D. Card request form to the registrar of Patong Municipality:
- People who are 15 years old, Thai citizens, apply for the I.D. Card within 60 days
- The former I.D. Card is lost or expired, apply for the new one within 60 days.
- Name or surname changes, apply for the new I.D. Card within 60 days
- People who used to get special right not to have an I.D. Card, when they dont have that right, they have to ask for the I.D. Card within 60 days from the day they don't have that right.
- House registration
- Expired I.D. Card
- Important I.D. Card foreign card (In case you are foreign)
- Other document to show that you are Thai such as birth certification, etc.
- 10 Baht in case: Ask for the new I.D. Card because of loss Name or surname changes
- No fee charge. The first time asking for the I.D. Card, expired I.D. Card, name addition in house registration.
- People who dont ask to have I.D. Card in that period of time, must pay 200 Baht fine.
The methods to pay the building tax?
- The owners of those properties have to ask for the form to fill in all kinds of property they have and give to the officer within the date 28 February every year at the local municipality.
- If the owners are not staying at that time or cannot give the form by themselves, they can let the people who rent or own that property at that time to fill in all kinds of properly and give to the officer within 28 February every year at the local municipality
The sign that needs to pay tax is
- Show the brand names or symbols.
- Use for business or other activities to earn some revenue
- The sign that shows of letters pictures or symbols.
- Give the tax form within the month march each year.
- In case for setting the new sign or repair the old one, give the tax from within 15 days from the date that has set the new sign or repair the old sign
- Transferred the sign should be informed within 30 days from the date that transferred
- Must pay tax within 15 days from the date that has been informed for the evaluation of the sign.
Tambol Map of Phuket Island
Phuket is divided into three large Administrative Districts called Amphoe Ampeur and local Administrative Areas called Tambol tambon.
The Rate of Sign Tax Payment
- The sign that contains all Thai letters costs 3 Baht per 500 cm2
- The sign that contains both Thai and Foreign letters or picture even other symbols costs 20 Baht per 500 cm2
- Any sign that does not have Thai letters or has some Thai part or all Thai part under or lower the foreign letters, costs 40 Baht per 500 cm2
- Signs according to (1), (2) or (3) when calculated: If more than 0.5 of 500 cm2 count as 500 cm. If there is the tax ratio to pay less than 200 Baht a sign, pay as 200 Baht a sign